EOI – Closing Date 22 JULY 2018
Council is seeking Expressions of Interest (EOI) from qualified and/or experienced entities to be a facilitator of a 12 week Incubator program using content and support from Startup Onramp for local startup businesses starting in September 2018.
Growing new local businesses leads to new jobs and a thriving local economy. With the shift in global business trends we cannot rely on traditional business models to provide the jobs of the future.
Business support for local entrepreneurs with new and innovative ideas is currently lacking in the region. From our experience and research, entrepreneurs will be more successful with a structured approach to assist them evaluate their ideas and turn them into viable business models.
6 Degrees Incubator Program powered by Startup Onramp is designed for local start-ups to develop their business idea into a defined offering for the market.
The program will take a cohort of 6-12 teams through a structured 12 week journey of facilitated learning. This involves weekly evening training and feedback sessions facilitated by the successful bidder, access to mentors, and a process to test business ideas and turn it into a business.
Startup Onramp program outline is available here.
It is expected that at the end of the incubator program participants will:
- have defined their market offering;
- have validated their ideas with the market and mentors;
- improve their start-up skills and understanding of the startup landscape;
- develop a viable business model with revenue streams;
- be able to pitch to gain co-founders, investors or enter an accelerator program;
- be ready to access grants such as the Jobs for NSW MVP grant;
- be capable of entering the Startup Coffs Coast 2019 Pitch Comp; and
- pitch in relevant competitions or to funders outside the region.
Coffs Harbour City Council will provide:
- Marketing of the program
- Selection of Program Participants
- Manage venue requirements
- Work with the facilitator to select suitable mentors and expert knowledge.
- Cost of the Facilitator Training
Startup Onramp will provide:
- Facilitator Training on 2 & 3 August in Brisbane
- A complete set of delivery resources (including slides, recommended readings, videos and suggested homework tasks)
- A detailed facilitator’s manual.
- Access to high quality video recordings
- Ongoing support including assistance in delivery of the core content where needed, support in mentoring the cohort
- Training – Colin Kinner from Startup Onramp will deliver Facilitator training to the selected bidder in Brisbane on the 2nd and 3rd The Bidder must be available to travel to and attend the full training. Costs including training, travel and accommodation will be covered by Coffs Harbour City Council. There may be more than one successful bidder for this stage.
- Incubator Program – The Bidder will be required to deliver the 12 workshops of the Startup Onramp program at dates to be confirmed during the months of September, October and November. The program will be delivered as a 2 hour evening session once a week. The facilitator will be responsible for delivering and managing the group learning each week. A number of these sessions will include a guest presenter or mentor to act as subject matter experts. Bidders will also be required to be available for up to 4 hours per week for individual mentoring of participants.
Dependent on the success and outcomes of the first Startup Onramp program the Bidder may be contracted to deliver future 12 week programs in 2019.
Council will accept EOIs from a team submission as long as the applicants clearly indicate the roles of each person in the team.
Coffs Harbour City Council has licenced the Startup Onramp Program for 12 months.
The selected bidders will only be able to deliver the program under the 6 Degrees branding whilst Council holds the licence.
- STAGE 1 – Council may select more than one facilitator to undergo the training in August.
- STAGE 2 – Delivery of the first Program will be before the end of 2018, with subsequent programs in 2019. Selection of the facilitator for these will be based on evaluation post training, facilitator availability and suitability.